At Children’s House Montessori School, our program is based on the philosophy of Maria Montessori, who felt that the purpose of formal education was to “learn how to learn.” This means that we:
• Allow your child to make choices for his own learning, thus encouraging independence and self-initiative.
• Respect each child’s uniqueness and in turn inspire each child to develop in his own way, to his fullest potential.
• Provide an atmosphere that nurtures an early enthusiasm for learning and promotes your child’s work ethic.
• Allow plenty of uninterrupted time for the children to work with the materials in their own unique way, independently or in small groups.
• Foster each child’s curiosity and creativity by empowering him to ask questions, try new ideas, and think for himself.