Preparing to Open Safely in the Fall
Here at Children’s House we are busy planning for your child’s safe return to school. We are using all current available resources from The Center for Disease Control (CDC), Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS), and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to make our plans.
The Department of Social Services guidelines for opening tell us how many children we can have in a class, and that classes cannot mix to reduce the risk of spreading COVID19 to the whole community. This presents some challenges for us regarding our daily schedule, napping routines, and afternoon lessons for the older children, but we are confident that we will make it work and create and maintain a healthy learning environment for everyone!
At this time we are planning
- to be open five days a week for all students with limited class size
- in-person learning with no online classes, unless required due to unforeseen closure
- to maintain our normal program groups (part-day, school day, and full-day) with no split schedules
- to open for the 2020-2021 school year on Monday, August 24
Some changes we will be making are:
- drop off and pick up procedures will change in order to do a daily health checks and minimize the number of people entering our building
- full-day pick up time is temporarily changing — parents must pick up their children between 4:30 and 5:00 — in order to allow our staff to adhere to new cleaning and sanitation requirements
- number of children in the classroom to better accommodate social distancing guidelines and age-requirements from the VDSS
- cleaning and disinfecting procedures, which will impact our end-of day routine and pick-up time
- temporarily separating our students by age (3 year olds in one classroom and 4 and 5 year olds in the other classroom) to better adhere to VDSS requirements regarding eating and napping
- school events and family gatherings will be paused until such time as it is safe
- parent education events will look a little different — stay tuned for more information
- We are currently re-enrolling our existing families and are in the process of enrolling new students for the fall.
- We have limited spaces available in both classrooms, contact us today to secure your child’s enrollment
- We have space available in all 3 programs (part-day, school day, and full-day)
- There are just a few spots left for kindergarten (5 days a week, school day or full-day)
For prospective families, we are doing Virtual Tours all summer! Tours are available, by appointment, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30. Please email us through the link below or call us at 703-481-6678 to schedule your Virtual Tour.
A more detailed explanation of the changes outlined above are listed below. Please read them carefully so you are well informed as to how school will look and feel in the fall.
Thank you for your continues support! Despite all of these changes, we are looking forward to a great year at Children’s House!
- Health Check
- Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Cubbie Bags, Backpacks, and Toys from Home
- Social Distancing and Use of Masks
- Disinfecting and Cleaning
- Schedules, Closures, and Outbreaks
- Lunch, Snack, and Nap Procedures
- Changes to the Environment
- Supply List
For a printable version of this information:
For questions or to schedule a Virtual Tour, you can contact us through the link below or give us a call at 703-481-6678.