Here at Children’s House we are using all current available resources from The Center for Disease Control (CDC), Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS), and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to keep our students and staff safe during this time. We have been open since August 24, with strict guidelines in place, and have had a successful reopening and start to our 2020-2021 school year.
At this time we expect:
- to be remain open five days a week for all students
- in-person learning with no online classes, unless required due to unforeseen closure
- to maintain our normal program groups (part-day, school day, and full-day) with no split schedules
Some changes we have made:
- drop off and pick up procedures have changed in order to do a daily health checks and minimize the number of people entering our building
- full-day pick up time has temporarily changed — parents must pick up their children between 4:30 and 5:00 — in order to allow our staff to adhere to new cleaning and sanitation requirements
- cleaning and disinfecting procedures have increased
- school events and family gatherings will be paused until such time as it is safe
- parent education events will look a little different — stay tuned for more information
- We are currently enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year and will continue to do so, as space allows, through the remainder of the year
- We have spaces available in both classrooms, contact us today to secure your child’s enrollment
- We have space available in all 3 programs (part-day, school day, and full-day)
- There are just a few spots left for kindergarten (5 days a week, school day or full-day)
For prospective families: in order to limit the number of adults who enter our building, we are conducting all tours virtually at this time. Tours are available, by appointment, Monday through Friday.
You can also call us at 703-481-6678 or email us through the form below.
A more detailed explanation of the changes outlined above are listed below. Please read them carefully so you are well informed as to how school will look and feel in the fall.
Thank you for your continued support!
- Health Check
- Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Cubbie Bags, Backpacks, and Toys from Home
- Social Distancing and Use of Masks
- Disinfecting and Cleaning
- Schedules, Closures, and Outbreaks
- Lunch, Snack, and Nap Procedures
- Changes to the Environment
- Supply List
For a printable version of this information:
For questions or to schedule a virtual tour, you can contact us through the link below or give us a call at 703-481-6678.