We would like your observation in our school to be as informative as possible. Here are some things to look for:
- The environment
- Is the classroom clean and orderly?
- Are the furnishings child-sized and appropriate?
- Are the materials easily available to the children?
- The children
- Do the children seem happy?
- Are they free to choose their own work?
- Are they working with the materials and engaged in learning?
- Are they concentrating?
- Are they uninterrupted in their work?
- The staff
- Are the teachers pleasant, responsive, and encouraging to the children?
- Do they listen to the children, and treat them with respect?
- Do they spend most of their time giving lessons to individuals or small groups of children, or observing the children?
- Do they appear to love working with children?
- Other factors
- Is an extended period of time available for the children to work in the classroom?
- Is time set aside for group activities and outdoor play?
- Does this classroom seem like a place where your child would be happy?
Cinthia, our office administrator, will show your our classrooms and playground and be available to answer any questions you may have.
You might also be interested in this post from our CHMS blog: “What to Look for in a Montessori Preschool”
For additional questions or to schedule your tour, please call us at 703-481-6678 or use the email form below.